- For the Yakiniku-marinade bring sugar and red wine to the boil in a small pan. When the sugar is dissolved, add the soy sauce and lemon slices and allow to cool.
- Dab the beef dry, cut it into slices about 3 cm thick, place them in an appropriately sized casserole dish, pour the marinade over them and massage the marinade well into the meat. Cover the meat with cling film and marinate for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade (put the remaining marinade aside), dab the meat dry and sear on all sides in 2 tablespoons of hot oil, just to colour the surfaces.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat (180°C convection oven). Place the beef in an oven-safe frying pan on crinkled aluminium foil. Wash the tomato, remove the stalk, cut the tomato into small cubes, place next to the meat, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with remaining olive oil and cook in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Take the frying pan out of the oven, wrap the meat in aluminium foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, peel garlic, chop finely and sauté in the heated butter. Just before the garlic starts to brown, pour on the rest of the marinade and let it boil down slightly.
- Wash the rocket salad and shake dry. Cut baguettes into slices and toast them briefly in a pan. Arrange the sliced meat with the rocket salad on the baguette slices, garnish with diced tomatoes and fried onions, pour the garlic sauce over them and serve.
Tip: If you don't like garlic, just add the rest of the marinade to the heated butter and let it boil down slightly.